Thursday 4 May 2017

FMP DIARY - 4.5.17

So its been yet another week of working on my final project. As well as doing more research I also managed to do another shoot and see an exhibition too. 

The start of my week was all about research. It seems to be all I do right now but its obviously important. I've also been working on strengthening the context behind my FMP. My idea was to shoot a series of street style images based around body positivity and while I'm pretty confident with the street style aspect, so far I've been struggling to make a good link to body confidence. After a little bit of mind mapping in my visual diary and by throwing a mood board together on Pinterest I've managed to think up a few ideas.


I also got around to doing my second street style shoot. I popped up to Manchester over the weekend to do a candid street shoot which was the most awkward uncomfortable thing I've done in a while. Although some of the images turned out okay the majority are just write offs to be honest. I'm going to put the whole thing down to my lack of experience, my lack of confidence in shooting strangers, and just how quickly I needed to work.


While I was in manchester I also managed to see an exhibition at the Imperial War Museum North. The exhibition was all about street style in the 1940s and while it was very interesting, it wasn't as relevant as I thought it would have been. I've already written a blog post about it, so if you want you can read more here


Right now I'm still doing research (as always) and I'm planning my third shoot which should hopefully take place in London this Thursday! I'll post some more updates next week!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment