Tuesday 16 May 2017

FMP DIARY - 16.5.17

So Im writing this weeks post a little later than usual but I've been pretty busy. Between finishing up essays, planning for my final exhibition, and watching Eurovision I haven't really had much time to update the blog. So what have I actually been doing?

Well I managed to do my third shoot for my final major project last week. I popped down to London with a friend to photograph some super stylish girls in the capital. I'm not going to lie, the day was completely exhausting but it was well worth it as I'm really happy with my photographs.


As always I was focussing on diversity with this shoot, I was trying to capture girls from all backgrounds and body shapes. I think I managed to do that quite well. I photographed a good range of sizes and I also managed to photograph girls from all over the world from Sweden to America! Right now I'm working on editing those images, I'm thinking about doing something different to typical street style but for now here are a couple of unedited photos favourites from the day.


I've also spent a lot of time working out how I'm going to present my work at the end of year exhibition. I'm thinking about having two or three main photographs on the wall and then a photobook of maybe around 30 of my best images for viewers to flick through. I've spent a lot of time trying to price these up as I ideally wanted to sell them at the exhibition and online once the exhibition is finished but they are working out quite expensive at the moment. Currently one photobook will cost me around £10 to get printed and thats without the postage so I'm not sure this will be a reality without some sort of sponsorship. I've already contacted the big fashion companies such as Primark, Asos, New Look ect. but none of them have been able to supply me with any funds right now. I'm still working on securing some sort of sponsorship so I'll pop any updates in next weeks blog post! 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment